SunSetter Products LP is America’s largest manufacturer and marketer of retractable home awnings. Come join a close-knit and growing company that is committed to providing the best experience to all of our employees and customers!
The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Customer Care (CC) team with technical product knowledge on all SunSetter products. This position will develop and deliver product training to CC associates, as well as call center trainers and technical support agents. The purpose of this position is to identify trends and raise product issues that are occurring in the field with DTC (direct to consumer) customers and dealers and follow through with corrective action through manufacturing resources. This position will also assess the effectiveness of SunSetter’s technical training programs and address deficiencies through videos, multimedia training aids, troubleshooting, and training resources as necessary.
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge database centered upon product changes and known trends occurring with products in the field
- Review and improve all web based training resources for call center and internal SunSetter agents to insure common methods of identifying and solving technical issues with customers and dealers
- Create and maintain multimedia/video training aids to assist dealer/installers and tech agents and customers
- Develop all technical training and support training material for tech agents through annual refresher trainings and “train the trainer” sessions with call center trainers
- Monitor recorded agent calls and evaluate tech agents at centers to assess training program effectiveness and to identify opportunities for additional or enhanced training around certain product installation or troubleshooting issues. Use this opportunity to improve effectiveness of support site and troubleshooting tools that are in use.
- Support the dealer customer service team by taking calls (in-season) and using this knowledge to identify trends with product installation or operations, and communicating issues to manufacturing as necessary. Also process feedback from dealers to identify best practices around the expeditious installation of our products using tools or processes that might improve the quality or efficiency of their work
- Primary interface with SunSetter dealers or handymen service organization (s) supporting our customers with installation. Evaluate the quality of the work performed by these contractors and provide feedback (as necessary) about issues or complaints
- Assist with customer escalations resulting from product installation or operational issues by contacting customer and/or dealer installer to resolve
- Maintain all needed replacement parts screens in the SunSetter CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system by means of appropriate pictures, descriptions, and processes, in order to assist agents with trouble shooting product issues and presenting obvious solutions with replacements parts and/or instructions available in the system
- Assist with the investigation of any customer incidents or injuries associated with the installation or operation of a SunSetter product by contacting customers and gathering factual data. Assist with the determination of root cause and possible improvements / changes to existing processes or methods
- Insure mailroom is supplied with updated and accurate instructions based on manufacturing’s latest revisions