SunSetter Products LP, America’s largest manufacturer and marketer of retractable home awnings. Come join a close-knit and growing company that is committed to providing the best experience to our employees and customers! The Sunsetter Sales Representative is an exempt, field-based role responsible for managing leads that are company generated as well as those that are self-generated. This is a new position, reporting to the National Sales Manager. The primary objective is to establish new relationships and managing leads with a focus on selling our products, help our customers and provide them with our Best Experience impression. This position includes extensive visits within the assigned sales region (Atlanta Territory), establish in home appointments which will provide a full product description, may demonstrate the product, features and accessories to the consumer. Candidate will have a demonstrated success and passion for achieving sales growth while working with dealers and third-party company installation. This is a fast-paced environment with high visibility and accountability for successfully achieving department goals.
* Meet or exceed specified regional and company sales goals and objectives
* Manage all leads with a goal of setting in home appointments and sales
* Develop new prospects from our company generated leads as well as self-generated, interact with existing customers to increase sales by means of consistent, in-person visits and telephone calls
* Work effectively with team members to reach company and team goals & objectives
* Generate a brief daily sales report submitted to management
* Provide efficient and timely support to customers
* Interact with a third-party company which will provide installation of the product.
* Summarize and record customer conversations in a clear and articulate manner for future reference using company’s CRM and online mapping software
* Attend Home Shows, and all other available resource methods that may produce viable leads
* Maintain effective product knowledge of all company brands and stay appraised of industry trends
* Maintains continuous communication and follow-up with key dealers, and takes responsibility for follow-up actions to ensure customer satisfaction
* Evening and weekend appointments are necessary
* Extensive local travel required (no overnights)
To support the Accounting Manager and Plant Manager with month-end close process, focusing primarily on inventory related areas, as well as significantly improving processes surrounding valuation of inventory balances and reconciliation to the general ledger. Strengthen internal controls surrounding inventory management. Develop, report and monitor key operational metrics and collaborate with operations on continuous improvement plans.
* Assist the accounting team in Middleton with the period end financial close processes, including journal entry processing and completion of assigned closing tasks related to inventory and cost of goods sold. The objective is to complete a timely and accurate close within 5 business days of period end.
* Timely and accurate completion of reconciliations for assigned GL accounts
* Work with production team to ensure proper controls over inventory, including receiving, transfers, shipments and bills of materials.
* Analyze monthly materials cost variances as well as monthly labor, overhead and freight costs
* Participate in the planning and execution of year-end physical inventory count process, the audit of the physical inventory, and work with operations to develop a dependable cycle count process
* Collaborate with operations and Middleton accounting/finance functions to improve the reliability of the perpetual inventory accounting system which will allow the business to move fully to cycle counts.
* Improve the standard costing process by examining bills of material for proper inclusion of key material components, including scrap, as well properly including labor and overhead factors.
* Work with the Plant Manager to develop and maintain operational performance metrics that can be used to measure and improve the business
* Work with business personnel to understand and present resolution for the accounting of new or non-routine business transactions, including accounting and reporting for new contracts/agreements
* Assist with the audit process by completing requested schedules and working closely with external audit personnel
* Under general direction, analyze and interpret financial results in accordance with GAAP and Company policies
* Maintain Company sales and use tax certificates
* Maintain fixed asset ledgers and asset tag control
* Special projects as assigned